As if your to-do lists aren’t long enough – I’m about to suggest adding some items to it. Although the exam is still weeks away, it’s helpful to prepare for exam day early so you aren’t adding additional stress for yourself close to the exam (you’ll be stressed enough about how close the exam is). Make a to-do list of things you either need to get or things you need to do to plan for your exam day period. This post provides some suggestions on what to take care of now.
- Hotel and travel plans. If you need a hotel for the bar exam, book it now if you have not already. Let’s get this out of the way. Also think about setting up a plan for travel. How are you getting to your bar exam state? How are you getting from your hotel to the exam? Come up with a plan now.
- Technology check. Get your computer ready for exam day. Be sure you follow all of your jurisdiction’s technology requirements (registering, downloading ExamSoft, taking a mock exam, etc.). Knowing your computer is ready and good to go will eliminate some stress.
- Food and necessities plan. Make a list of things you need to take with you while traveling for the bar exam, or a list of things you need while taking the bar exam. Plan your breakfasts, lunches, and dinners (I brought a ham sandwich and sour gummy worms (questionable choice) to eat on my lunch break at the bar exam). Plan the toiletries you need. Think about what you want to do to relax to bring with you. Putting all of these things in a list now will make your lives easier – just take it with you when you’re shopping before the exam and you’re good to go.
- Schedule your important study plans. Do you want to take more simulated practice? Schedule it. Do you want to spend time with a subject that’s making you anxious? Schedule it. Plan and schedule the time to do things you need to do before exam day.
- Contact your support circle. Know who you can talk to the day before the exam and in between the days of the bar exam. You have plenty of people in your circle.
Getting these things out of the way now will only help you later. Make a productive list today – it will be quite the productive study break!